“A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015″
Luca: Using that beautiful imagination of his in the morning light.
Enzo: A midday bath. How I get to nap time:)
On Wednesday I shared what I put in Luca’s Easter basket – check it out here! So today I thought I would share my finds for Enzo’s basket. I won’t be posting what is going in Caleb and Kyleigh’s Easter baskets, since they read the blog and I want them to be surprised ;)
1. Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson – We love the Bear books! This board book is particularly adorable. You can find it here.
2. Purl Lamb DeLuxe Ear Hoodie – This will be perfect for the cooler nights of Spring and Summer. It is made of super soft material, and I couldn’t resist the little ears on the hood :) You can find it here, in other colors as well.
3. Potato Feet soft-soled shoes – This company makes adorable shoes for babies, including moccasins and loafers, as well as these soft-soled cuties. The Numbers design is my favorite! You can find them here.
4. Snap Bib – These bibs are Ah-mazing. They are made from thick vinyl and are super durable and easy to clean. They can fold up easily to throw in your diaper bag, and they came in tons of fun colors! You can find them here.
5. Saranoni Mini Blanket – This company makes gorgeous luxury blankets in different sizes and colors. I chose the “Mini” size for Enzo. They are actually having a huge sale right now, so go check them out here!
6. Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys – My poor little guy is going through some serious teething right now. These keys are great, because you can put them in the refrigerator and they stay cooler for longer. We found ours here.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Easter Basket – These baskets and liners are beautiful, and such good quality. You can find them here.
What are some non-candy items that you found this year to put in your baskets?
It is rare that Charley and I go out to eat. Not only because we have four kids and taking four kids out to eat is pretty much a nightmare, but because we just prefer cooking at home. Or Charley prefers cooking at home. I prefer drinking wine and watching him cook. But I digress. So I thought that I would share one of our favorite meals to prepare. It is so delicious that it makes us feel like we are eating out. This dish is not very kid-friendly, at least in our family where most of our kids hate mushrooms, so we usually make this when it’s just the two of us. On that rare occasion when we can get the kids to bed at a reasonable time. Or even better, when we manage to find a babysitter! I hope that you love it as much as we do!
Easter is quickly approaching and I’m actually (for once) done shopping for the kiddo’s baskets kind of early. We try to do mostly non-candy items since Charley and I just end up eating the majority of the candy anyways. Don’t judge me. I know you do it too;) I’m pretty excited about my finds this year, so I thought I’d share them with you. Here is what I did for Luca’s basket.
1. BabyLit Books – These books are kid versions of classic literature. They are all beautifully illustrated and so adorable. We already have a few, so I am adding to our collection. You can find them here.
2. Crocs – We buy the kids Crocs every single year. They wear them all spring and summer long and they are awesome. So comfortable and they clean up so easily.
3. Tegu Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set – Tegu makes the most beautiful, high-quality wooden toys that will last forever. This particular set is awesome because you can just throw it in your diaper bag or purse and take anywhere. I always need something to distract Luca in a restaurant, doctor’s office, etc. You can find it here.
4. eeBoo Tell Me a Story Cards – These picture cards inspire kids to create stories of their own. eeBoo makes different versions of these cards including Mystery in the Forest, Fairy Tale Mix-Up, and Little Robot’s Mission. Luca’s imagination is always in overdrive, so I’m really excited to see what stories he will come up with! I found our cards here.
5. Re-Play 2 Pack Snack Stack – We love this company and all of their products! Re-Play’s products are made from #2 HDPE plastic, which basically means milk jugs! These Snack Stacks are great to take to the park or throw in your diaper bag when running errands. All of Re-Play’s products come in an array of colors too. You can find them here.
6. Babiators – Adorable children’s sunglasses. We got Luca the original Babiators. They have flexible frames and shatter-resistant lenses. Basically, super kid-friendly. And they’re adorable. They also have a variety of color options. You can find them here.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Easter Basket – I bought Luca’s basket the year he was born, but I ordered the same one for Enzo this year from Pottery Barn Kids. Both the basket and liner are of excellent quality. You can find them here.
I hope that these ideas are helpful! I would love to hear what you put in your kiddo’s baskets!
“A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015″
Caleb: Since his birthday falls on Easter weekend this year, we celebrated a little early. And he chose pumpkin pie instead of cake :)
Kyleigh: I love how she still looks so little when she sleeps.
Luca: Napping with his blankie. His most beloved possession.
Enzo: Always with the mischievous smile.
Luca: “I want a cookie for dessert. I ate all my dinner last year.”
I come into the kitchen to see Luca going through the pantry:
Me: “What are you doing?”
Luca: “I need something healthy.”
The above picture was taken after Luca decided it was a good idea to scrub himself, clothes and all, with the toilet brush.
Luca: “It’s ok Mummy, I cleaned the brush in the potty first.”
Telling me about his day at preschool:
Luca: “I fell down the hill. I hurt my hands. I hit the hill like this!!” (yells and violently slams hands on the ground).
Me: (yells into living room) “Luca, come take a potty break please.”
Luca: (enters kitchen wearing goggles and carrying a hockey stick) “No thanks, I’m weed whackin.”
Shortly after Enzo was born, I started hearing a lot about essential oils. I was already trying to live a healthier lifestyle by using only natural cleaning products, as well as bath and body products. But I really loved the idea of replacing some first aid items with something more natural. I started researching the different oil brands, and ended up choosing Young Living. It was honestly a pretty easy decision. Young Living actually has their own farms, so we know exactly what is going into the oils. There is no middlemen. And the products are thoroughly tested before bottling. I love knowing that the oils I am using on myself and my children, are 100% pure.
After deciding to go with Young Living, I purchased the Premium Starter Kit, which comes with 11 everyday oils, a diffuser, and some samples. The everyday oils are some of the most popular ones, like lavender, thieves (one of my absolute favorites), lemon, peppermint, etc. You can do so much with these oils! I have since added to my collection as well. We use our oils for preventing colds, teething, cleaning, flu symptoms, headaches, anxiety…just to name a few.
I signed up as a wholesale member with Young Living when purchasing my Premium Starter Kit. This means that I get 24% off of my purchases. I end up saving money and also had the opportunity to be a part of Young Living’s rewards program called Essential Rewards. I did not sign up for Essential Rewards until I started getting more comfortable with using my oils regularly, which was about three months ago. Wholesale members do not have to sell anything if they don’t want to. Being wholesale gives you the option to sell, but it’s not a requirement!
I also did a lot of research before using my oils! I am on a great team called Essential Families, and they provide me with so much info and guidance! I also bought the book Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern. I look to this almost daily!
I plan on posting some of my favorite oil recipes here, and also how our family uses oils daily. If anyone is interested in learning more about essential oils or how to purchase your own, please leave me a comment below or send me an email at email@example.com. I would love to help you get started!
Well, it’s been over a year since I’ve blogged, and I must say, I really missed it. A lot has happened during my little(ish) hiatus. Most importantly, we welcomed this little bundle of joy into our family! Meet Lorenzo Vincent Krisfalusi. Enzo for short. He was born on May 5, 2014.
Remember how we had listed our house? Well, after much consideration, we have decided to stay in our current house and do some renovating. Currently, we are turning the attic into a fourth bedroom (which will be Kyleigh’s room), and some extra storage space. Kyleigh has already told the boys that they are banned from entering her new room. We will see how long that lasts. She’s a sucker for her baby brothers.
Luca started preschool this year! Just two days a week for a couple of hours. He absolutely loves it.
Caleb and Kyeigh are in 6th grade and 3rd grade, respectively. This year, Caleb has been involved in youth ministry and swimming lessons, and will be going into middle school next year. Which we can’t believe. Kyleigh has been taking gymnastics and hip hop lessons, and also did swimming.
They have been the best big brother and sister to these little guys.
It’s good to be back ;)
You have grown so much over this past year! We can’t get over how smart you are. You were such an early talker and still surprise us every single day with how well you communicate! You are saying 4 and 5 word sentences now :) You are the most active little guy too. You are all boy, that’s for sure! You had your first ER visit this past year, right before Christmas, when you fell and cut your head open. Just glue, no stitches thank goodness! Mommy was more scared than you were :) You love being outside so much – your favorite activity is hitting trees with sticks ;) You would live outside if you could. Your proudest moment has to be when your Aunt Heather got you a toy lawnmower and you helped Daddy cut the grass. You tell everyone you meet about it (still, after 4 months). It is the sweetest thing. You absolutely adore Caleb and Kyleigh, and still call them “Brudder” and “Sissy.” Your best buddy is Jackson and you get to see him quite a bit :) We had lots of trips to the Zoo and Idlewild this year, both of which you love! And you got to see the ocean for the first time this summer when we went to Myrtle Beach. We couldn’t keep you out of the water. You have had a pretty great year kiddo :) We love so much watching you learn and grow. We can’t even imagine our lives before you were in it. We love you so much Bubba Boo!