With an 18 month old adventurer plus a dog and a cat running around, it is essential that we make our home as safe as possible. Enzo, especially, gets into EVERYTHING. Much more so than his brothers and sister did, so I’ve had to up my childproofing game. Here’s what I’ve done:
- Installed gates – We keep Enzo downstairs as he is in no way ready to navigate the stairs yet.
- Covered up electrical outlets – I did this in every room.
- Installed locks on toilets – My strange child likes to play in toilet water. Gross, I know.
- Installed locks on cabinets – Like I said, he gets into EVERYTHING. And his favorite game to play is “empty out all of the cupboards.” Not fun for mama.
- Ordered cordless blinds – Our new blinds from Smith & Noble are on their way! (You can also check out their site for more safety tips).
We are replacing the curtains in the living room and the old, damaged blinds in the boy’s bedroom upstairs. Here’s what the current situation looks like:
Smith & Noble is an active member of the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC), and is very passionate about educating consumers on the risks of potentially dangerous window coverings. The WCSC and the Consumer Product Safety Commission recommend that only cordless window coverings, or those with inaccessible cords, be used in homes with young children.
Looking at our window coverings, it was easy to see that they posted a hazard. So I, of course, jumped at the chance to replace them with Smith & Noble‘s gorgeous, cordless wooden blinds. Keep an eye out for my “after” post so that you can see these beautiful blinds in action ;)
The wonderful people over at Smith & Noble are giving you a chance to replace your old, unsafe window treatments for new ones. Their offer: replace unsafe treatments with new ones and save $50 per treatment. Visit them here and sign up to receive the code.
And who doesn’t love a giveaway? I have partnered with Smith & Noble to help make your home #SafeAndStylish! Enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win $1,000 worth of custom window coverings. Details here!
While you’re there, check out their extensive collection of window coverings. They certainly make it hard to choose!